Is your code difficult to change? Are you afraid to change code in your codebase? Have you looked for some methods to make this change safer and faster, but they are overwhelming? Join this learning program to understand a refactoring method on legacy code that has surgical precision and that you can learn faster than the others.
There are many methods of refactoring code: start with tests, use the existing tests, separate incrementally the old code from the new one, but all of them have an issue: you need a lot of knowledge and skills about software automatic testing and software design.
Surgical refactoring comes with a simpler approach, with a mechanical structure, designed for precision. You are faster, as you can change just one small part of your code, in safety, without introducing defects.
Get insights from watching hours of commented live coding, learn the fundamental techniques you need to know, and practice on your own code base or on learning code bases.
This learning program is for C++ developers, as all the code backing it up is written in C++.
Feedback from your experienced trainers, inspired by their wide experience as practitioners building products, will help you get the most out of the practice sessions.
Learn a method that you can apply for safe modification of code that is either not tested or has bad tests, and that is difficult to change:
- Understand the fundamentals of the method and why it works so effectively
- Learn and practice the micro-techniques involved
- Get insights from hours of live refactoring commented by the trainer
- Apply on a codebase, and get feedback from the trainer on your technique
- Language: English
- Experiential, hands-on, interactive online learning with practical examples
- Participants will be awarded a Mozaic Works certificate of completion